Porcelain Veneers in Buffalo Grove
Many patients are unhappy with their smile, but feel that the investment and discomfort required to correct relatively minor dental irregularities isn’t worth the results. For patients with chips, cracks, stains, gaps, or stubby teeth, dental veneers may be the perfect solution to cover your smile flaws without investing unnecessary time and money in extensive reconstructive procedures. Dr. Natalya Nagornaya and the Countryside Dental team help patients perfect their smiles with minimally invasive, low-prep porcelain veneers.
How do Porcelain Veneers Work?
Dental veneers are thin sheaths of porcelain that resemble egg shells in color and thickness. These smile correcting tooth covers are a great way to perfect smiles with one or more cosmetic flaws without undergoing more invasive restorative procedures. For instance, patients with small gaps between their front teeth can invest countless months and dollars to receive orthodontic alignment, but if these small gaps are the only smile irregularities, applying a veneer to cover the gaps and even out the smile is a more conservative treatment option. Here’s how veneers work:
- Your cosmetic dentist will examine your teeth to ensure that porcelain veneers will adequately cover cosmetic flaws.
- If veneers are the best option to improve your smile aesthetics, your dentist will then complete minimal dental preparation to ensure the sheath of porcelain fits flush with the existing smile surface.
- A temporary veneer is placed during this appointment, and will help you get used to the look and feel.
- Our talented ceramists at the dental lab craft your custom dental veneer, and return the finished item to our office.
- You’ll return for a second meeting, and your dentist will bond the veneers to the prepared teeth, and then shape, polish, and seal the new smile correcting porcelain in place.
In just two short visits, patients fully transform their smiles with no need for painful dental reconstruction or restoration.
Who Should Consider Dental Veneers?
Porcelain veneers may not be the best option for every patient, but they offer aesthetic correction for a wide variety of smile irregularities including:
- Patients with deep-set stains that are unresponsive to whitening
- Patients with cracked or chipped teeth that don’t want to undergo a crown procedure
- Patients with gaps between teeth visible while smiling
- Patients with slightly crooked or overlapping teeth
- Patients with teeth of uneven lengths
- Patients with sensitive teeth or gums
- Patients who are not healthy enough for more invasive, corrective procedures
Call the Buffalo Grove, IL Cosmetic Dentist – Countryside Dental
At Countryside Dental, Dr. Nagornaya and her experienced dental care team are ready to help patients discover the picture-perfect smile hidden beneath chips, cracks, and stains. If you’re interested in finding out how cosmetic dentistry services from your Buffalo Grove dentist can enhance the natural beauty of your smile, call to schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation today.